2011年9月2日金曜日

The first morning in Marubee


September 1, 2011. Written on the train from Pusan to Seoul, Korea.

The first morning in Marubee.

On my receipt, it said that breakfast was available unitil 10:30. I didn’t want to miss that, so I woke up around 9:30 on my first morning at the Marubee house. In the livingroom were two of the guys that work here I had met the day before, but Joy, the only English speaker, was not there. On the kitchen table I saw a pack of bread and a pot of jam standing, but I am not the kind of person who just takes some without being told that he may do so. 
So, I decided to just write some blogs, and wait until one of them would say me that I could take some bread. They were only sitting there watching the TV though, and around 11 O’clock they suddenly left the place. Just a few minutes after that, the door opened again. I saw a Western girl entering the guesthouse, looking around.
“A, this is much better than the other place!” she said.
She appeared to be a language student from Germany. She gave me some tips on things to do during my visit in Korea. She asked me if there was someone there for her to check-in, but I told her that the guys had just left the house.
After talking with her for a few minutes though, the guys came back. They now had to help her, and I realised that I had to gave up on my bread. The German girl sometimes tried to communicate with them in Korean, but switched back to English again quite quickly. Well, at least she knew a lot more than I did.

I decided to buy my own breakfast, and told the guys that I would be back soon. At a convenience store nearby, I bought  myself one rice-ball and a sandwich. I didn’t want the guys at the house see that I was eating this, so I ate it outside, and then went back.
“I totally forgot that my friend is allergic for cats!” said the German girl pointing that cute cat that was rolling over the floor.
Allright, so there is another German girl coming...
Add caption


0 件のコメント:

Total visitors